Ohio’s College Credit Plus program gives college-ready students in grades 7-12 the chance to earn high school and college credit simultaneously by taking courses at a participating Ohio college or university. Ohio has set aside a specific amount to fund College Credit Plus participation for non-public students. This funding can be used to pay the tuition for those classes. You will be responsible for the cost of textbooks if courses are taken at the Ohio college or university campus or online. All public colleges and certain private colleges in Ohio are participating.
College Credit Plus is an opportunity for college-ready and interested students to pursue more challenging classes and explore college interests sooner. Your child can earn anywhere from a few college credits to more than a year’s worth while still in high school. College Credit Plus can reduce your child’s time in college and greatly reduce your family’s higher education costs.
CCP INTENT TO PARTICIPATE & ODE FUNDING PROCEDURE
Note - Students must declare their intent to participate AND apply for funding, even if they participated last year.
Before March 31 - Complete School Counseling Requirement - Attend the CCP meeting at FCA in January or view the College Credit Plus - January Meeting Powerpoint and Video posted under College Credit Plus Info.
Feb 15 - April 1 - Submit Letter of Intent to the Ohio Department of Education (link to document is to the right).
By April 12 by 5PM - The Parent (not the student) must apply for funding through the SAFE Account.
By May 15th - Funding award notifications will be sent and students can begin to register for classes.
-Fairfield Christian Academy partners with Ohio Christian University and offers college courses at FCA. The deadline to apply to OCU is March 22nd.
CCP Courses through Ohio Christian University taught at FCA:
- Intro to Sociology (Social Science – 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Sherika Williams
- General Psychology (Social Science – 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Beth Ash
- Western Civilization I (Social Studies - 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Teresa Seaman
- Western Civilization II (Social Studies – 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Teresa Seaman
- English Composition I (English – 3 semester hours) – Mrs. Beth Hawks
- English Composition II (English - 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Beth Hawks
- Basics of Oral Communication (English - 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Beth Hawks
Potential Courses for the 2019-2020 School Year Based on Interest:
- U.S. History 1877 - Present (Social Studies - 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Teresa Seaman
- The Holocaust (Social Studies - 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Teresa Seaman
- Calculus I (Math - 4 semester hours) - Mrs. Rita Ralph
- Statistics & Analysis (Math - 3 semester hours) - Mrs. Rita Ralph