The Tri-M® Music Honor Society is a program of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) which focuses on creating future leaders in music education and music advocacy. Tri-M® is the only national honor society for student musicians in grades 7-12. There are more than 1,800 chapters across all 50 states, involving more than 75,000 students.
Each year, these students contribute more than 750,000 service hours to their schools and local communities, and raise nearly $1 million for causes they care about. NAfME awards more than $2,000 in scholarships each year to chapters that demonstrate exceptional service and leadership.
Fairfield Christian Academy’s chapter of Tri-M® Music Honor Society is dedicated to showcasing student musician scholars in grades 7-12. The program emphasizes the value of music instruction in shaping the leaders of tomorrow.
Music Education has a crucial role to play in achieving greater success in life. Studies show positive correlation between music study and a host of important outcomes, including higher academic achievement, and better graduation and attendance rates.
FCA Requirements for Induction into Tri-M Music Honor Society:
Junior Tri-M - Grades 7/8
Senior Tri-M - Grades 9-12
- Student must have completed the full school year prior to current year in FCA choir or band.
- Student must currently be enrolled in any FCA music class (choir or band).
- Student must have performed in at least one school concert or event in the prior or current school year.
- Student must have earned a cumulative GPA of B or above in their music class.
- Student must hold a C or above in overall GPA.
- Character Strength: Must demonstrate a Christ-like example of leadership, service and character in all activities.
- As a member of this chapter of Tri-M Music Honor Society, the student agrees to help as needed at FCA music events and fundraisers.